Contact an Insurance Specialist

Customer Login

Foreign ATA Carnet FAQs

Last updated on June 8th, 2017

All your questions answered regarding the treatment of Foreign ATA Carnets with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP).

1. How can I keep the goods entered into the U.S. on an ATA Carnet longer than the expiration date?

2. Can I convert an ATA Carnet to a Consumption Entry in order to keep the goods in the US indefinitely?

3. What is the proper procedure if I only want to keep some items in the US and re-export the rest?

4. Is a Power of Attorney needed to present an ATA Carnet to Customs?